Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Why a Blog?

This blog is an experiment.

There is a bit of information I'd like to get out there. My experience is that the topics I have something to say about are often too specialized to give as a conference talk or submit as a
paper somewhere.

Yet I just don't see these things out there elsewhere.
Here are some other venues I have tried:

Newsgroups:



Unfortunately there's not a lot of activity on these.

Public Blogs


I've written about my Perl debugger in blogs.perl.org, for example: http://blogs.perl.org/users/rockyb/2012/09/a-plan-for-revamping-and-replacing-the-perl-debugger.html

I don't see that there is anything like this for Ruby.

Project Wiki, Mailing lists, etc.


There are wikis for each of the various debuggers, but a wiki doesn't encourage discussion.

An issue tracker or the mailing lists tend to get centered around an individual's problems rather than a general discussion.

So, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment